24 February 2023
Lincolnshire County Council: meeting Local Transport Plan objectives with one.network
To help achieve the objectives set out in its Local Transport Plan, Lincolnshire County Council (LCC) is working with one.network to modernise traffic management and optimise its networks, including minimising carbon emissions, reducing traffic impact, maximising journey reliability and improving citizen engagement.
With a responsibility for over 5,000km of diverse and busy roads, being able to invest in the right tools and processes was essential and has provided Lincolnshire with:
- Improved diagnosis, response and resolution of congestion, helping reduce carbon emissions.
- A more holistic approach to planning, coordinating and communicating traffic disruptions via a single platform, limiting impact on journey times.
- Enhanced event planning using historical data, minimising traffic impact on communities.
- A better digital experience for the public to self-serve information, reducing inbound queries.
- Easier collaboration across boundaries and with utilities when coordinating works.
Ashley Behan, Street Works and Permitting Manager at LCC, even reported that one.network is helping the council improve customer satisfaction and rectify S74s:
“With one.network, we now have the data to evidence customer complaints, allowing us to get to the bottom of problems and provide more satisfactory results for customers. This means we’re saving time, costs and resources and can meet our 10-day response target. Additionally, we’re able to easily locate and identify unpermitted works and Section 74 overstays.”