Protect hospital access routes with one.network – new TM feature
Coronavirus may have reduced the traffic volumes on our roads, but effective network coordination is as critical as ever. Keeping emergency access routes clear ensures emergency vehicles can get patients to hospital on time, critical supplies of PPE can be delivered without delay and key workers can get to and from work without any additional stress.To help you coordinate effectively we are adding a new category in your Traffic Management module tonight called ‘Health Emergency’ where you can associate new Emergency Access routes.
Top tips for plotting emergency access routes
- First create a new Traffic Management plan
- Select the new ‘Health Emergency’ category and plot the location as a point at the emergency location, for example outside a hospital
- At Step 2 add one new traffic management item called ‘Emergency access route’ per road
- Use the ‘route’ plotting type to ensure the routes snap to the road network
- Remember that only plans which are published will be displayed to external operational users and the public on one.network.
This update to the Traffic Management module has come directly from customer feedback. If there are any other changes that you think we could make to help you respond to the challenges of COVID-19 or help you get more from one.network please tell us your ideas here or talk to one of the team.
How can I get more information?
If you need any further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.