What's new in one.network version e2.7.0?
We think it’s important to keep our users in the loop with the work that goes into making one.network the best it can be. So here’s a quick run-down of all the platform changes in the one.network version e2.7.0.
First things first: we’ve made several improvements to the one.network map. Here are a few new features our team has put together:
- The ability to include Street Manager works and location descriptions in roadworks email alerts, allowing Street Manager users to keep the rest of the UK transport ecosystem, and the travelling public, more informed.
- The ability to view lines and polygons on the map indicating which roads, and how much of those roads, are affected by the road closures or works — instead of using simple location markers.
- The ability for our US users to set up roadworks email alerts, allowing them to keep key stakeholders up-to-date with individual works or closures.
- We’ve also made improvements to CCTV image display feeds, to save you clicking through multiple callouts with CCTV images in the same location.
Given the rise of active travel throughout the pandemic, we added support for a new set of active travel-related road signs.
We’ve added two new APIs. The first is a Live Link-enabled lane closure API, which allows systems developed outside one.network — such as those deployed by our customers — to open and close roads in real-time through Live Link technology.
The second is an API for our Works Planning module. The API enables external systems to consume and display all the works data currently available on the one.network map.
We’ve made it even easier to find the routes you’re looking for, by improving the search function and adding two new clash filters: My Works and Works Starting. These let you choose to view only your own works, or filter works by their start date to detect clashes.
Live Link, our on-the-go road closure app, has been a key focus for this release. Here’s what’s changed:
- You can now view Live Link road closures and information from both the Live Link web dashboard and the mobile app - available on iOS and Android.
- Onsite managers can now close roads from the roadside via the mobile app in real-time, while previously Live Link only allowed for management of planned closures.
- We’ve made it simpler to set dates for Live Link closures.
- Getting Live Link closure details through the Live Link external API is now even easier. The only information you have to provide is the Street Manager or EToN Permit Works Reference.
- Improvements have been made to ensure it’s easier to view and search for closures, set their dates, and sort them by distance and date in the app.
- We’ve updated the filtering process for emergency interventions to show potential clashes between your own works and those of other works promoters.
If you have any questions about this update, or are interested in hearing more about the modules we've mentioned, please contact the team. For the latest news, be sure to follow us on Linkedin or Twitter.